Light/Lens Glue

BrettHeaslewood

Light/Lens Glue

Post by BrettHeaslewood » Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:26 pm

The light has come apart from the lens, and i've only had this a week!

Would you suggest super glue to stick it on?

excuse the large image, the forum wouldn't allow me to resize

Sipaliwini

Re: Light/Lens Glue

Post by Sipaliwini » Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:49 pm

Sorry about this. You can use pretty much any glue bar paper only glue. The fastest will definitely be super glue. Contact glue (the one that you apply on both parts then wait until touch dry then assemble) will be the strongest.

I know it's not much of a consolation but in our next batch, this part will be made of a single piece.

Please pm me if the gluing doesn't go according to plan.

There is some variation in that piece's and the PS3 Eye lens' diameters. Did yours fit very tightly?

BrettHeaslewood

Post by BrettHeaslewood » Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:42 pm

Ok, so the lens problem has been solved with glue.

However now one of the beaters on the sticks has come loose, i've tried to reglue it and it was fine for a few sessions, but again it's just come loose.

What can I use instead to put on the end?

Or is there any chance we can discuss getting a single stick sent out, I can't use my kit any more coz it rattles if I try to play, and puts me really out of time.

Cheers, Happy Easter!

Sipaliwini

Post by Sipaliwini » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:06 pm

Hello, really sorry things are breaking like this for you. I have sent you a pm.
In general, if the ball itself isn't damaged, silicone sealant can be used to fill the hole to stop it rattling. The annoying thing is it takes a while to dry (up to 24h for full cure).

scooter73

Post by scooter73 » Thu May 08, 2014 3:19 am

The same thing happened to me 15 minutes after I started using it. I can;t get anyhting to work though. No kit shows up, I can't move 'elements' around and when I clocik place all drums, the entire program shuts down. I gave up after 30 minutes and am sending it back.

Sipaliwini

Post by Sipaliwini » Thu May 08, 2014 8:14 am

I am really sorry you have had such a frustrating experience. I have sent you a pm.

thepablo

Post by thepablo » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:41 am

Hi, same thing just happened to me in my first day, not a big deal yet because the lens is sticky, but eventually I think I'll have to use glue.

Sipaliwini

Post by Sipaliwini » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:57 am

I am sorry about this defect. In our first batch, the size variation between lamp/lens parts was higher than we had hoped. This is resolved in our next batch.
If your lamp becomes unusable because of this issue, we will send you a replacement lamp from the next batch.

gregou88

Post by gregou88 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:18 pm

I have the same problem with my lens and the program doesn't work anymore :(
Everything work perfectly before..

How can I solve this?
Attachments
14-0620 Aerodrums problem.jpg
14-0620 Aerodrums problem.jpg (240.69 KiB) Viewed 24983 times

Sipaliwini

Post by Sipaliwini » Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:16 pm

We're sorry about this happening. If the lens is still intact, you can try placing it back in its slot (a dot of glue on the side of the lens can help secure it, pretty much any glue will do).
In case it is broken or you are not comfortable with the above, I am sending you a pm.

In general, for questions about broken Aerodrums parts, we recommend sending an email to our warranty address (which is that word @aerodrums.com, you can also find it in the owner's manual).