promo code

Fillipio99

Re: promo code

Post by Fillipio99 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:52 pm

Definitely looks bright enough to blind you here (see video below) these are LED'S AFTER ALL and this video was taken in broad daylight. so I'm sure the glasses ARE needed. (you did put them in there for a reason after all). So don't change your mind at this stage guys. its clearly BRIGHT as hell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=66&v=28n4A2JB0fM skip to 1:02

Sipaliwini

Post by Sipaliwini » Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:23 pm

Cameras don't work like human eyes do: you have to set the aperture and exposure for the whole picture, while the eye adapts depending on what you are looking at. Otherwise it would be easy to take perfect photos and videos in any lighting conditions.

We're not changing our mind: if the light bothers you, use sunglasses. I am just saying that in practice most people don't because the light is not very bright, they don't drum in the dark, and they don't look at the light.

bkmsx

Post by bkmsx » Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:06 pm

For the convenience, and more importantly: playability, accuracy and degree of non-faff involved, Aerodrums is priced about right in my opinion.

yes you don't pay for a ton of hardware, but instead the value brought by the software and overall hardware/software system that these guys have developed to track drum like motions and deliver a velocity response, in the space of 8 or so milliseconds, in different areas of space based on a 2d image, is not the work of a weekend in your bedroom.

don't buy it if you think it's pricey, but demanding it should be lower points towards 'expectation issues'.

There are enough clear videos around and anecdotal posts here to show prospective buyers that the system works very well - granted i got AD at the first price point, but there is also risk in being an early adopter, as specs can change and leave you behind.

the lights are quite bright in a dim room, not in any way blinding - for prolonged use i pop on some shades, but it's certainly not necessary - and if that is the only drawback of being able to input accurate drum midi without leaving my studio chair, or have a massive wirey mess taking up most of the room, so be it!

I'm even able to play using a cheap windows tablet, a crazy idea a year or 2 ago.

Fillipio99

Post by Fillipio99 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:12 am

I think I'm going to stick to this unless aerodrums has a promotional offer rapidly.

£191 for everything. Much more value for your money and fresh on Amazon this morning (first page)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00F5OG ... d_i=mobile

slavedave

Post by slavedave » Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:05 am

Thank you for that post -that is a good price for the Alesis kit.

I have used many different manufacturers of midi drums over the years (Roland, Yamaha, ALternate Mode, Zendrum, Korg etc) and it would be fair to say that comparing Aerodrums to these products is like comparing apples to pears. I love all the various options for midi drumming that use physical pads - I really enjoyed the ROland Handsonics I have had using fingers/ hands, Rolands Vdrum brains, Yamaha's DTX 12 Mutli pad using sticks, Korgs PadKontrol using fingers and the amazingingly touch sensitive ZendrumLT that I still own that you can play with hands / fingers. I have used them all to trigger various external sample libraries via a laptop.

What strikes me about aerodrums is that it is new (and innovating) technology. That is what drew me to it. It takes up practically zero storage space, is silent, is responsive to subtle playing and can be set up in minutes - all things that are important to me since I use it in a home office / practices away from the home and have a family of four kids who don't even want to hear the tapping of fingers / sticks on rubber pads at night time when I play.
Aerodrums are a solution to a problem for me that I couldn't find elsewher. They work for my needs.

I think that one thing that is "added value" with aerodrums is that the included sample library FAR exceeds the stock sounds that you get with hardware drum controllers, unless you start spending multiple times the price. You can't compare the sounds of my Yamaha Dtx or the Roland TD8 (with added VEX expansion kits) with the kits in aerodrums. I almost forked out for the original sample library owned by Natural Drums (I think) years ago because they were ahead of the game against the likes of Tootrack / BFD and you get some of their library included in this product. I even have played the stock kits live lately and they are really good (so the added value is that you don't HAVE to play third party libraries through your laptop if you don't want to,). I have Addictive Drums, BFD Eco, Ocean Way Drums and several other great drum samplers and play them at home practicing regularly but the included kits have merit in their own right.

So, in my mind, if you already have a laptop you are purchasing a midi control system AND a good sample library for a lot less than even the cheapest pad controllers, let alone a midi drum kit (the cheapest option I have tried is the Korg nanopad which was less than €50 and works well but has no library - check out videos by David Fingers Haynes on youtube - it will blow your mind!). All in all - that seems like good value to me.

PS I do not work for aerodrums and I am a tight wad and part with my money carefully. They are not the ultimate solution - they still fall short in bright environmental conditions, it is hard to get all the articulations on a snare that you can get with pads etc but they are pretty cool all-in-all.

Give em a go. I think there is a money back guarantee (or there was) if you are not sure.

All the best.

Espen

Post by Espen » Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:00 pm

slavedave had very good points there.
I can say from my viewpoint that I've been following edrum world very accurately over ten past years. The two main inventions in this field during that time are 2Box (open architecture) and Aerodrums IMO. When I first time saw these things in internet more than a year ago I very soon decided to get one. Less than 200€ didn't feel bad to me because I thought this would really solve the problem of silent playing in an apartment. What I actually got was much more than I expected. The triggering is so accurate and fast that I was totally blown away when I get used to Aerodrums (and that did not take long time). MIDI possibility and also the option to make your own sounds are fantastic. Even the internal sounds are good (expect I don't like very much of snare and bass drum sounds but it's subjective). In my opinion the developers of Aerodrums have made tremendous job for several years to make this happen. And you can even use the cheapest motion capture camera available these days.

It's very unfair to compare Aerodrums to the crappiest edrum option available. The triggering of those cheapest edrums is something that cannot even be mentioned in the same sentence. I would never ever change Aerodrums on those horrible products. Actually, I wouldn't change Aerodrums on anything at the moment. I think it's the best possible option for me who wants to test different vst sounds and jamming by myself in an apartment.

monkeyman

Post by monkeyman » Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:15 am

Maybe this video will help the decision-making process for those on the fence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CavlglPYVvQ

Drumfill

Post by Drumfill » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:15 pm

So when exactly is this promotional period?

Drumfill

Post by Drumfill » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:29 pm

so, have been reading this FORUM today since my aerodrums arrived today IN THE POST VIA AMAZON.

DISSAPOIINTED IS AN UNDERSTATEMENT. THESE ARE CHEAP AND A TOTAL RIPOFF FOR THE PRICE. THEY HAVE GONE STRAIGHT BACK TO AMAZON 'TODAY'. (SEE PICS WHY)

THE REFLECTORS ON THE STICKS ARE SIMPLY POLYSTYRENE BALLS YOU GET FROM CRAFT SHOPS, WITH ABOUT 50 PIECES OF 10MM REFLECTIVE STICKY TAPE SURROUNDING IT. (BUT YOU DO GET 4 OF THEM, THANKS AERODRUMS).

THE LAMP IS INFACT BRIGHT AS HELL.

YOU GET SOME PAPER SUNGLASSES NOW (NOT EVEN PLASTIC ONES ANYMORE AS THEY HAVE MADE THE BOX SMALLER).

AND THE SOFTWARE SEEMS TO BE DONE ON SOME CHEAP CRAPPY FREE PROGRAM MAKING SOFTWARE.

THESE GUYS ARE AMATEURS AND TO SAY THAT PEOPLE ARE 'HAPPY WITH THIS PRODUCT' MAKES ME COMPLETELY SHOCKED.

GET A GRIP AERODRUMS, AND GIVE US A PROFFESSIONAL PRODUCT FOR THE MONEY AT LEAST

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y145/f ... 3lnkjs.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y145/f ... kzr52c.jpg

Sipaliwini

Post by Sipaliwini » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:22 am

Hello Drumfill,

I am sorry that your purchase of Aerodrums made you angry. It's unfortunate that you made no comment about whether or not Aerodrums enabled you to drum.

To get something like in photo 3, I either have to bang the shaft of the stick at full strength against a wall corner many times, or pull the ball off.
Did it arrive like this or did you pull the ball off in anger? If the former, it is the first time I see this and I apologize.

I presume you peeled the tape off in photos 4 and 5 in anger. There is currently only one existing material that can be applied to spherical shapes while having enough retro-reflective power for motion tracking applications, and the manufacturer acknowledges that it is only suitable for hand application. Providers of professional optical motion tracking systems for movies do the same thing as us, only they use nylon balls because weight is not an issue for them. We use expanded polystyrene to preserve the balance of a standard drum stick.

Usually when a musical instrument is handmade, it is a sign that the manufacturer will listen to and serve each customer individually, like we do.

We do hope that air-drumming will become popular enough to allow for mass production, perhaps then will be a good time for you to revisit it.

P.S. The sunglasses we provide were never made of plastic. The box did reduce in size over time, which is a good thing. The best programming tools in the world are Free Software. I have removed the two duplicate posts.