An absolute beginner

Bartram2015

An absolute beginner

Post by Bartram2015 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:14 pm

Hey,

I'm an absolute beginner with a keen eagerness to learn drums. Unfortunately I dont have the space in my flat to have a real kit, so I was wondering if aerodrums is a good fit for me to learn and then get on a real kit any time I can.

Feel free to be as honest as possible.

Thanks

James

Wolfgang

Re: An absolute beginner

Post by Wolfgang » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:45 am

Hi, I'm really surprised, after 3 months and 400 views no-one seems to have an idea?
For me Aerodrums is maybe the biggest innovation since practice-drums had been invented, and my short answer for you and everybody who is asking the same is YES, SURE, BUT . . .
And specially for a beginner there are several things to consider!
I've started to do my personal review from the perspective of someone who teaches drums and who's working with Aerodrums himself since about 2 ½ years, but English isn't my first language and it will take still some time to finish. I will post here a link when it will be ready. In the meantime you can watch these videos.

(Just click on the photos)

Gergo Borlai on Drum Talk TV!

How to drum with a very low budget

I've activated notification for this thread. Feel free to ask me if you have any question.

Alon Cohen

Post by Alon Cohen » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:50 pm

Good answer above!

I was a casual musician before I got the Aerodrums - I could play guitar ok, but didn't understand scales or chords, and to be honest I think melody based instruments weren't for me, they were just all I had access to.

When I got the Aerodrums I started seeing a teacher and I've learned to play drums properly, reading music, playing comfortably on both my teachers acoustic kits at his studio and practicing on my Aerodrums at home.

You can totally start out from scratch on them, find a good teacher or sign up to Drumeo and make it happen!

My latest playthrough: https://youtu.be/PjWIcKcCgTw

Richard

Post by Richard » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:05 pm

Nice job with the playthrough! Very tight.