Updating Aerodrums Software

BrettHeaslewood

Updating Aerodrums Software

Post by BrettHeaslewood » Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:54 pm

Where do I find the update page online?

I remember seeing that there were available updates when installing however, I wanted to see what the disc build was like before making the update.

Do I need to reinstall off the disc to get that?

Also when making updates, does it wipe the program and reinstall, or just update and over write certain information i.e source code, imagery files

Just want to know whether or not to back up my custom kits?

BrettHeaslewood

Re: Updating Aerodrums Software

Post by BrettHeaslewood » Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:56 pm

ignore "where to find updates" just read the manual! :oops:

however 'overwriting' question still stands

Sipaliwini

Post by Sipaliwini » Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:10 pm

Minor updates modify as few files as possible. They won't modify your files or require the DVD again. They're always under 10Mb.
They are what the updater that came with the PC version of Aerodrums installs. (The Mac equivalent will be to drag new versions of the application in the same location as Aerodrums).

When we release a major update, we will let people know how to install it (we will thrive for it to be as easy as possible).

Sorry we don't make old versions available yet. We're not at that stage yet where older versions are better than newer ones ;)

BrettHeaslewood

Post by BrettHeaslewood » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:29 pm

Ah alright.

I wasn't actually looking for an old version, I just wanted to install what was on the disc as I like to watch programs grow over development time.