Make a clone kit.

vias

Make a clone kit.

Post by vias » Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:32 pm

This is what I get whenever I want to make a clone of a new kit , I don't understand.
There was an error saving the drum
kit in. / conf / drumkits /

Sipaliwini

Re: Make a clone kit.

Post by Sipaliwini » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:25 am

Hello,

sorry about this problem. It has affected a few other users (on Mac) and we are working on a fix.

Are you using Aerodrums as a different user than the one you were logged in as when you installed it? This is perfectly OK but could be causing the problem you are experiencing. If you are, could you try logging in as the installation user to see if the problem persists?

In any case, here are steps to work around this problem, assuming you are on a Max. Sorry they are complex. If you are on a Windows PC, please let me know.

-In Finder, navigate to the Applications folder
-Locate the Aerodrums application, then click on it while maintaining the Ctrl key pressed
-Select "Show package contents" (should be second on the list below open)
-Click on the Contents folder, then on the Resources folder, then on the conf folder
-While maintaining the Ctrl key pressed, click on the drumkits folder then select "Read information" (should be third on the list)
-In the popup window that appears:
-scroll to the bottom until you see a table with Name and Privileges columns
-take note of the privileges on the "everyone" line (whether it is "access forbidden", "read only" or "read and write".
-if it is not "read and write", click on the padlock at the bottom right corner of the popup window
-if it asks you to do so, enter the username and password of the user you were logged in as when you placed Aerodrums in the applications folder
-now click on the up/down arrow in the Privileges column on the "everyone" line, then select "read and write"
-relaunch Aerodrums and try to clone a kit again
-if the Privilege column on the "everyone" line did already say "read and write", then I need to do more researching about the problem and apologize

vias

Re: Make a clone kit.

Post by vias » Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:06 pm

Thank you very much for the answer, in the end the problem was that there was Aerodrums in Mac applications , only what was to dock .