Software Update questions

slavedave

Software Update questions

Post by slavedave » Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:10 am

HI guys.
Thanks for the updated software! Auto updated to the current software and have noticed a couple of changes that I can't seem to workaround.

Firstly, how do I adjust the relative volumes of the drums, master, mp3 files and metronome now?
Secondly, my existing MP3 play list appears in the appropriate playllist set up screen, and also in the stick driven menu when playing the kit but I cannot get the files to play at all. The pre-roll counts up to about 3 seconds and then stops - no mp3 audio. I rebooted a couple of time to see if that helped but it didn't. Should I clear my old MP3 file play list and build a new one with the new software?

My first play with the new software was fine apart from the above. i didn't try cymbal mutes but I did adjust the hihat pedal range to my liking (nice feature).

Looking forward to your suggestions. Thanks in advance for your help with this query.

Sipaliwini

Re: Software Update questions

Post by Sipaliwini » Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:25 am

Hello, it is late here so I haven't investigated in depth. But it sounds like your Aerodrums may be in "MIDI only" mode, is that the case?
Re-making the playlist won't have any effect.

slavedave

Post by slavedave » Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:37 pm

Yes, it is in "midi only" mode. Interestingly, I could play the playlist tracks in this mode (running external vst - Addictive Drums 2) before the upgrade. I played around a little more today but could not run the internal playlist tracks still. I may have to look at what outputs I have assigned in the "latency" section of the menu to see if that has any effect.

Thanks again for any more insight you can offer me. No urgency, I can still play tracks via MS Media player to jam along to in the meantime.

Sipaliwini

Post by Sipaliwini » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:56 am

Hello, the problem you are having is an oversight on our part that was unintentionally caused by the new manual device selection feature.
The MIDI only mode currently causes Aerodrums to stop using the audio device altogether. While this is OK for Windows users who use an exclusive API (e.g. WASAPI or ASIO) on a computer with a single device, it is not the behaviour we intended so we will fix it as soon as we can. One workaround I can think of while we do this is to use the "MIDI and sounds mode" after having set the drums volume to 0 (so that you don't hear both your MIDI sampler's and Aerodrums' drum sounds).

slavedave

Post by slavedave » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:03 am

Thanks for that reply. I will have a go at the workaround you suggested. All the best!

slavedave

Post by slavedave » Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:30 pm

That was definitely what was causing it. I can confirm that your solution worked. As an aside, I can also play Windows Media player at the same time as aerodrums so I can jam along to tracks from there as well. Thanks.