VR Query

tanmay

VR Query

Post by tanmay » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:38 am

Hi Team,

I am planning to buy aerodrums but one of my friend suggested that tht company will be launching some VR headset technology with it so go for it after some time. So can you please acknowledge me with this like when you will be launching that or should I buy it now or not as I feel the experience with VR headset will be awesome.

Please provide me with the details regarding CR headset as I saw some videos of NAMM 2016 what was that?

Richard

Re: VR Query

Post by Richard » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:13 am

We are adding VR support to Aerodrums. It should be available soon but we don't have a exact date yet. Initially it will support the Oculus Rift headset, followed by Gear VR and then other VR platforms. This will be available as a free software update to existing customers so it makes no difference if you buy Aerodrums now or buy it after we release the VR update.

eagleeyez

Post by eagleeyez » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:45 pm

And what about AR? That is going to be much more interesting.
Just take a look at the ODG R9, R8 or R7
You could do all this in Unity 2017.3 which has Google ARcorre

Richard

Post by Richard » Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:53 pm

AR is certainly interesting and is undoubtedly where we will end up. The problem is that there isn't much of a market for it yet. Even ARCore is still in beta and only supports 2 or 3 phones. We have ideas for how to utilize ARCore/ARKit but it's still a bit early. You can be sure that we're keeping a close eye on this though...