Black Setup Screen

Frolic

Black Setup Screen

Post by Frolic » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:35 am

I do not know how it happened but I did some experiments with the brightness of the light in the room in order to test at wich state the aerodrums are not recognized any more. Since then the setup screen is not transparent any more even if I try to do the setup in a darker envioronment. Is there a possibility to do a reset? I need the setup any time I go to rehearsal ...
Thx for help in advance
Frolic

Richard

Re: Black Setup Screen

Post by Richard » Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:12 pm

This is an issue with the video stream received from the camera. Re-installing Aerodrums is unlikely to fix it. We have seen this issue before and if I remember correctly it was due to the camera being run through a USB hub. Removing the USB hub and plugging the camera directly into the computer fixed the problem in that case. Is it possible that something changed with your hardware setup? I suggest at least trying to plug the camera into other USB ports on your computer to see if that has an effect.

Frolic

Post by Frolic » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:27 am

Dear Richard,

Thanks for your reply and sorry for the dealy. I was suffering from flu last week. Hence I did not manage to try fixing the issue.

All I can say is that I am not using a USB-Hub. My Notebook has 3 USB-Ports, two on the left and one on the right. On the left I attach camera and light. On the right I used the cheap sound module so far. All that has changed in the system setup was the replacement of the cheap sound card with a RME Babyface Pro, that i attached on the right now. I will try to figure out, if this is the reason and come back to you afterwards.
Thanks for help.
Best
Frolic

Frolic

Post by Frolic » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:01 pm

I managed to try it out: When I do not attach RME Babyface Pro when I boot the notebok then the setup screen works. Hence solution is: Boot PC, attach camera and light, enter setup, setup aerodrums, close aerodrums, attach baybface, restart aerodrums. Best Frolic