Two major problems

Perinsweden

Two major problems

Post by Perinsweden » Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:21 am

Hi!
Im a newbie, trying to get things work. Im on a pc with windows 10. It seems like Aerodrums steals the internet connection. I cant play along with spotify, because Aerodrums shuts down internet. I cant play along with my playlist within Aerodrums aswell. Whats going on here?

The other thing is that I cant find the menu button and the adjust drum button. Its not there. Anyone knows..?

Thanks in advance

Per

Richard

Re: Two major problems

Post by Richard » Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:31 pm

Hi Per, Aerodrums doesn't access the internet at all. The issue you're seeing is an audio issue. The Exclusive WASAPI setting in Aerodrums takes exclusive control over the sound card. This prevents other applications such as your internet browser from outputting audio and in some cases an application will need to be restarted to get audio back.

Unfortunately, this is the price you have to pay for low latency audio and it's the main reason we have an integrated song player built into Aerodrums. At some point in the future we would like to integrate Spotify directly into Aerodrums so that you can use it while also benefitting from very low latency audio.

While we recommend you stick with the Exclusive WASAPI option, if you change it to the Shared WASAPI option from the Latency screen you should have no trouble using Spotify at the same time as Aerodrums. This will increase the latency slightly but it may still be acceptable.

Regarding the absence of the Menu button, you probably have 'Stage mode' enabled in the Preferences screen. If you untick that checkbox then you'll get the Menu button back.

ulfm

Post by ulfm » Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:04 pm

Using Aerodrums an Spotify at the same time works beautifully on my four year old Mac :-)

Richard

Post by Richard » Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:18 pm

Yes, Mac OS X doesn't have this problem. It allows very low latency audio without interfering with the audio output of other applications.