Missing elements / gfx in application window - won't work

Richard

Re: Missing elements / gfx in application window - won't wor

Post by Richard » Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:40 pm

Good stuff Simon, perhaps we'll cross paths at some point :)

I'm glad to hear you managed to get the latency issue sorted out. On Windows, the reason we made shared WASAPI the default instead of exclusive WASAPI is because exclusive takes full control of your sound card preventing other applications from outputting audio and we felt this might bother some users. But for the best experience you should always use exclusive WASAPI.

The audio device settings become irrelevant when you switch Aerodrums to "MIDI Only" mode for use with DAWs or other VST hosts. In this case it is the DAW, not Aerodrums, that outputs the audio so it is that software that will provide the ability to choose an audio output device. They generally recommend ASIO and in fact your DAW may not even provide the WASAPI option. If you need help setting this up, check the manual for mention of ASIO4All and LoopBe1 or post your questions here.

If you end up using the ASIO4All driver you should set the ASIO buffer size as low as possible (e.g. 64) to minimise latency. Your DAW should provide the ability to set this.

Sofine

Post by Sofine » Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:17 pm

Hi Richard,

Do you have an approximate ETA on the following:
  • New update to fix the midi devices bug (i.e. only lists the first few devices)
    Addictive Drums mappings
Thanks

Simon

Richard

Post by Richard » Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:20 am

The MIDI devices issue will be fixed in the next software update which will be released in July. We will let you know as soon as we've decided on a date.

The same goes for the MIDI mappings. We are currently working on this and our next blog post/video will be about MIDI and using Aerodrums with software such as Addictive.

Sofine

Post by Sofine » Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:58 pm

Hi Richard,

I see in another thread that there is a prelim beta available with note offs. Is there any possibility of getting a temp beta with the midi bug fixed so I can at least try out using Aerodrums with a 3rd party drum VST (the main reason I bought it!)

I appreciate this might be a big headache, but I thought I'd ask.

I also did consider uninstalling other midi devices, but the ones listed are core ports associated with my sound card and with windows, so I don;t want to mess with them in order to reveal the internal routing ports that I need to use Aerodrums to drive a VST.

Sipaliwini

Post by Sipaliwini » Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:31 pm

We've really dropped the ball not fixing this earlier. It's done but in testing, I have sent you a pm.
It will be released officially in the next few days.

Sipaliwini

Post by Sipaliwini » Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:54 am

Posting quickly in this thread to say that the note off and long MIDI port list fixes are released now.

Sofine

Post by Sofine » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:55 am

Hi,

I installed the latest update and the midi works now, thanks! I must say that the latency is very low - good job - works great.

I remember you mentioned that you were doing an Addictive Drums map - is this available?

Also, it would be great if there were a Steven Slate Drums 4 map too :)

One thing, I did notice that occasionally when I went back in to the midi settings page that the page was blank and I had to restart Aerodrums to get access to it again. It never seemed to be the first time, only on subsequent visits to that page.

Thanks guys.

Richard

Post by Richard » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:25 pm

Thanks Simon, the MIDI mappings aren't released yet but I sent you a pm.