position of drums

Roland

position of drums

Post by Roland » Fri May 12, 2017 11:31 pm

Hello,
I have Aerodrums package from last year. My question is: when I play aerodrums example ride cymbal, starts playing toms or china, stick triggers another sound. I choose the position of instruments, but not to make an ideal position. I saw it on some youtube footage people who play aerodrums comfortably and do not touch other instrument except the one playing. What should be adjusted? Camera..... up ..... down ......distance more......distance closer....tilt the camera....facing up camera...? What is best to solve this problem?
Thank you in advance for your reply !!!!

Roland

Re: position of drums

Post by Roland » Sun May 14, 2017 10:43 pm

I play the hi hat, I raise the stick a little more on the above, activated tom 2. As if I need put down more toms down. :x

Richard

Post by Richard » Mon May 15, 2017 11:01 am

For best results you should set things up by following the instructions as closely as possible. So the camera should be roughly 29 inches off the ground and it should be about 4 feet from the tips of your feet when seated. Also make sure that the camera is on the correct field-of-view setting - the lens should be fully rotated clockwise when facing towards you (the blue dot setting). This can make a very big difference.

After setting things up this way and re-positioning the drums by hitting the air to place them where you'd like them to be, I would expect everything to work well. If it's not it would be useful if you could send us the drum kit file you're using. Let me know if you need to do this and I'll tell you where to find it and where to send it. Thanks.

Roland

Post by Roland » Mon May 15, 2017 10:07 pm

Richard thank you for your response and on your ingenious idea from the aerodrum. I want to hold a presentation drummers in my town. That's why I want you all functioning as best. I make experiments with all sets, of course cloned (the most commonly used Big Rock kit). I followed your instructions, or still a little, it would be great. My arm does not go forward, but when I do a larger movement, triggered occasionally second saund. If you have still a correction it would be on the help, if not, it will be and this is ok.
PS: I met you at Musikmesse and Yan in Frankfurt in April. :) :D

Richard

Post by Richard » Tue May 16, 2017 12:44 am

Aerodrums detects hits when the stick is moving down and comes to a stop. If you swing back very far then the tip of the stick can start moving down again and, as it reaches the furthest point on the upswing, a second unintended hit could be triggered. This might explain the unintended hits you hear when you perform a "larger movement". I would experiment with reducing how far you swing the stick back to see if that prevents the unintended hits.

Roland

Post by Roland » Tue May 16, 2017 11:44 am

OK, I understand, the essence is that it is not a big swing. Increasing momentum stick down and activate the sound (so I understand).