Cubase Ai8

theorganist

Cubase Ai8

Post by theorganist » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:11 pm

Hi fellow Aerodrum users. I got the box today, which was really quick, and have been playing it in bursts of an hour or so, I love it, dream come true. What I would like to know is, can I record audio direct into an audio track in Cubase Ai8, as the sound is really good.

Richard

Re: Cubase Ai8

Post by Richard » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:56 pm

Hi, there are two options for recording audio:
1. You can use the recording feature built into Aerodrums to record your performance and render it as a single .wav file (or a .wav per drum). You can then bring these .wav files into Cubase.
2. You can enable MIDI mode and record MIDI directly into Cubase. With this option you won't be able to use the Aerodrums samples, you will need to use another MIDI-based drum sampler. You can find instructions on setting this up here: http://aerodrums.com/using-aerodrums-wi ... -samplers/

theorganist

Post by theorganist » Thu May 25, 2017 9:37 pm

Hi Richard I have stumbled upon a little prob. When exporting to wav. Once I done my track and recorded it, I click on export to wav. the process bar gets to about 2mm from the end and just freezes. I have tried everything, defragging, scan disk, god knows what else. Or is there something I may have over looked?
Still think its awesome!

Chris

Richard

Post by Richard » Fri May 26, 2017 6:12 pm

We discovered a bug with the latest version (1.0.22) when using the "One wav per element" option. If it sounds like your case then it will be fixed very soon.
If not, would you be able to send the recording to me (at richard.lee@aerodrums.com) or any other recording that exhibits the same problem so I can investigate the issue.
On Windows, you can find the recordings in the "recordings" subfolder of your Aerodrums installation folder. On Mac the recordings folder will inside the Aerodrums.app bundle.
Thanks.