Hi-Hat Issue With Logic Pro X and positioning

jasondietmeyer

Hi-Hat Issue With Logic Pro X and positioning

Post by jasondietmeyer » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:45 am

Hi, my aerodrums are working great, but just having 2 issues.
First issue is that when I go to the MIDI only option and start playing in Logic Pro X, the hi-hat will only play in open position. The foot pedal for it doesn't function at all while using it in Logic. But if I go back to playing just in aerodrums (no MIDI), it works great. I imagine this is fixable with a software update of some sort. Has anyone else had this issue?

The second issue is the positioning of the crash cymbal. It is so close to the hi-hat that it's near impossible to not hit the crash while trying to switch from toms to the hi-hat. I would love to see a software update where you could drag the drums around in aerodrums so that you can adjust the drum and cymbal locations. Or at least for the crash to be positioned further away from the hi hat. Similarly, I tend to hit the small tom a lot while transitioning to the snare, it feels like it about 2 inches away from where the snare is, though it's not as big of a problem s the crash/hat. Would love to see the option, as I said, to be able to adjust the locations of the drums, or maybe even some presets that space things out differently.

Richard

Re: Hi-Hat Issue With Logic Pro X and positioning

Post by Richard » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:07 pm

The hi-hat issue is a known issue with Logic Pro X.
There is a workaround that will allow you to close the hi-hat with the pedal but it will only allow either fully open or fully closed hi-hats.
It is described here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=938&p=2362&hilit=ae ... .cfg#p2362

Regarding the position of the drums/cymbals, the current preset drum kits have the pieces spaced quite close together. We are going to release new presets very soon but in the meantime it is possible for you to reposition them wherever you want. Just clone a preset kit from the "Drum kits" screen. Then, from the main drumming screen, enter the menu and choose "Adjust Drums". There will be options here for repositioning all pieces or individual pieces. Hope that helps.

jasondietmeyer

Post by jasondietmeyer » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:08 pm

Thank you for the advice on adjusting the drums, I didn't realize that!

And glad to hear that the hi-hat thing in Logic is known about and I assume being looked into fixing. I will try this workaround, thanks again!

Amelia1

Post by Amelia1 » Thu Nov 02, 2023 7:58 am

sir, I have a question How to fix Aerodrums hi-hat not working in Logic Pro X, and how to adjust the drum and cymbal locations in Aerodrums? I would be very happy if you could let me know, thanks. I know this is an old discussion but the answer to my question is very important I am appealing to the admin. Please approve my post, Thanks

Wolfgang

Post by Wolfgang » Sun Nov 12, 2023 2:50 pm

If you haven't found out yourself in the meantime, your questions had already been answered by Richard on this page. Here is the link to the manual https://aerodrums.com/manual/#drum-kit-adjustment
Have you tried to tick "Open or closed only" in the Aerodrums' MIDI screen?