crashes on opening

Richard

Re: crashes on opening

Post by Richard » Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:35 pm

Thanks Joco,

The setting of 44100Hz is correct. You should leave it at this (at any bit rate setting).

I did some more investigation and I found that users of other software that is using the same audio library as us (PortAudio) are also having audio problems under Windows 10. I suspect you're in the same boat. The problem seems to be caused by incompatibility between Windows 10 and your audio drivers and the solution I'm seeing is to try update your sound card drivers.

Of course, Aerodrums should not crash under these circumstances. That is a bug that we will fix in the next software update but unfortunately that won't fix Aerodrums for you.

There is a lot more information about this problem on the Audacity website:
http://wiki.audacityteam.org/wiki/Windo ... udio_error
http://forum.audacityteam.org/viewtopic ... 46&t=86720
http://forum.audacityteam.org/viewtopic ... 46&t=86715

Can you tell me if you had a fresh install of Windows or if you upgraded from a previous version of Windows?

Joco

Post by Joco » Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:05 am

Thanks Richard,

I´ve just recently updated from Win7 to Win 10, I´ll might concider a rollback to 7 if I don´t get the proper drivers in place.
I´ll take a look at the links you´ve provided this weekend and see if I can find a suitable driver for my Realtek card.
(I´ve already installed the latest driver presented on the Realtek download page, with no luck, but from what I´ve read there´s a chance an older driver might do the trick.

I´ll get back to you once I´m up and running.

Joco

Post by Joco » Mon May 16, 2016 10:59 am

Ok, so, here´s an update on the "crash on opening"-issue on Windows 10.

As I was havin this problem on Win10 I did a Rollback to Win7 and it was all fine and working.

Since I wanted Windows 10 as my OS i tried once again to update to Windows 10 and see if the issue had solved with new drivers available.
But no luck, I, once again, installed all kinds of different HD-Audio-drivers, Generic and Realtek. Old and new, from Asus supportpage and "not so safe undergroundwebpages". Still it crashed upon opening the software.

I then did something I´ve should of done right from the beginging, UPDATE ALL DRIVERS. When I´ve updated drivers for all the drivers in the Device manager-list, it Worked. So I guess there was something old in another driver/device (other than the soundcard) that casued the issue.

So... If you are afraid of upgrading to Windows 10 with the Realtek soundcard, dont be.

Richard

Post by Richard » Mon May 16, 2016 9:04 pm

Very useful info, thanks for the update. I don't suppose you have any idea what driver update might have fixed it? Do you know if your graphics card drivers also got updated?

Joco

Post by Joco » Tue May 17, 2016 7:20 am

As I updated all the drivers before testing, I don´t know which driver did the trick. If I remeber correctly I updated the CPU-drivers as well as the graphics driver (Intel Core i7 2670QM/ nVidia Geforce 610M)

Richard

Post by Richard » Tue May 17, 2016 10:53 pm

Great, thanks again!

mp_castro

Post by mp_castro » Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:20 pm

Hello. I am also having the same issue with Windows 10 64 bit Build 10586.545 running on Samsung Laptop NP300E-4A with Realtek Sound Cards. The Aerodrums immediately crashes upon opening. I already tried the following:
- update all drivers
- run the Aerodrums application as Administrator
- run the Aerodrums application in Compatibility mode with Windows XP / Windows Vista / Windows 7. The application works for a few a minutes but crashes afterwards.
- set Aerodrums to not play any sound from "latency settings" and use only as MIDI controller

None of them gives permanent solution to the issue. I cannot rollback anymore to using Windows 7 as this is also the laptop I am using for work.

Has there been any new updates for the correction for Windows 10 OS? Thanks.

mp_castro

Post by mp_castro » Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:15 am

As of 2016-09-14, my laptop had a Windows 10 upgrade to build 14393. After this upgrade, I did not have anymore issues with Aerodrums crashing. FYI.

Richard

Post by Richard » Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:55 pm

Thanks a lot for this info. Unfortunately we haven't been able to reproduce this issue yet so we still don't know what the exact cause is.