Reason Samplers

groovymixer

Reason Samplers

Post by groovymixer » Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:03 am

I have a number of sampler based drum kits for Reason's NN-XT sampler but I am having trouble setting up a MIDI kit that maps correctly.
Should I just play the Aerodrums kit and see where they trigger in Reason?
Then move all my samples to the notes where I would like them to trigger?
Or, is there a more intuitive way to do this based on a naming structure, etc.?
I have a lot of drum kits and it will take a long time to manually remap every one of them, but if this is the only way to do it, so be it.
What about Kong? Redrum?

Lake

Re: Reason Samplers

Post by Lake » Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:08 am

I'm literally on day 1 with Aerodrums and Reason and I did get the midi working after a bit, but I did too notice the default mapping was different for each instrument (because different samples are loaded on different key values depending on the instrument in Reason). For me, I think re-arranging the samples in ReDrum should be easy enough tomorrow when I'm not as worn out as I am today, sad couple of days it's been ★, and that's probably the instrument/approach I'll use to record midi live then transfer the hits/velocities to their respective parts to Kong or nnxt or combi. I hope that works. Can you recommend any good reason drum refills?

Be Well!! -Lake

Richard

Re: Reason Samplers

Post by Richard » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:25 am

I don't think there's any easier way than remapping each note manually. If you haven't seen it, there's a table in the Aerodrums manual that tells you which MIDI note Aerodrums sends for each drum/cymbal: http://aerodrums.com/manual/#midi