Can't select 44100 Hz Frequency in control panel

FreakyMex

Can't select 44100 Hz Frequency in control panel

Post by FreakyMex » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:26 pm

Hello,

I just purchased Aerodrums but I'm a little disapointed for the moment, the latency is not very satisfying. I can't use WASAPI mode :

In the advanced settings, I can't select 44100 Hz. I can only chose 48000 Hz and 16 bits or 48000 Hz and 32 bits.

My computer configuration is the following :

Système d'exploitation

Windows 10 ‎(X64)‎
Date d'installation: 13/12/2015

Processeur

Intel Core i5 5200U Cadencé à 2.20 GHz
Fréquence mesurée (core0): 2.49 GHz
Nombre de coeurs: 2 physique(s), 4 logique(s)
Socket: Socket 1168 BGA
Température CPU (core 0): 59 °C

Motherboard

HP 802D 58.41
Numéro de série (carte mère): PFANB018J9C0EK
SKU Number: P1Q61EA#ABF
Version du bios: F.2D
Date: 23/10/2015

Chipset

Pont nord : Intel Broadwell-U
Identifiant de révision: 09
Pont sud : Intel Broadwell-U PCH L-P
Identifiant de révision: 03

Memory

3.91 Go de mémoire totale de type DDR3 à 798.42 MHz
Timings mémoire: 12.0 clocks-15 clocks-15 clocks-34 clocks-1 TT

Graphic Card

Intel(R) HD Graphics 5500
Version DirectX installée: 11.0
Fréquence du GPU: 900 MHz

Hard drive

SSD AXNS381E-128GM-B de 119.24 Go SATA III
Firmware: 263j-HP
Version du SATA: SATA Rev 2.6
Numéro de série: 2F3020002302
Temps de fonctionnement: 216 heures

Network

Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter
Type d'adaptateur: IEEE 802.11 wireless
Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265
Type d'adaptateur: IEEE 802.11 wireless
Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)
Type d'adaptateur: ethernet
Software Loopback Interface 1
Type d'adaptateur: Loopback

Please help !

Thanks

FreakyMex

Re: Can't select 44100 Hz Frequency in control panel

Post by FreakyMex » Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:29 pm

Hello everyone,

Do you need more information ? May be I need to buy an external sound card ?
Can't wait to try Aerodrums with a low latency, it seems terrific.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone.

JesDes

Post by JesDes » Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:03 am

If you want the lowest latency possible, it'd most probably be best to buy an actual audio interface with proper low latency drivers. Soundcards on most PCs aren't made with real-time audio production in mind, so it would save you a lot of trouble to just get a proper audio interface.

It seems very strange to me that your only selections you can choose from are 48kHz at 16bit, and 32bit, especially the 32bit part. As far as I know, Windows 10 handles WDM/ks much better stock than it does anything else, and that Windows 10 has some WASAPI driver issues. If you'd like to continue to troubleshoot the current issue with what you have, could you please tell me what your default playback device says under the "advanced" tab?

You'll be able to get this by going to the desktop, and right clicking the volume icon in the Taskbar. From there, click "playback devices," and then right click and select "Properties" on whatever Windows is displaying as the default playback device. Chances are that whatever it's defaulting to is what's causing the issue, if it's not that, it's the settings in the advanced tab.

Should we be not able to solve your selection issue, and you can't afford an audio interface, you could always try using ASIO4ALL as the driver AeroDrums uses which will make your device's stock WDM/ks driver be seen as an ASIO driver which will reduce latency somewhat. I honestly don't recommend it though, as it can also cause you some issues as well.

FreakyMex

Post by FreakyMex » Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:54 am

Thank you for your answer.
JesDes wrote:If you want the lowest latency possible, it'd most probably be best to buy an actual audio interface with proper low latency drivers. Soundcards on most PCs aren't made with real-time audio production in mind, so it would save you a lot of trouble to just get a proper audio interface.
Do you have a model in mind ? What kind of audio interface ? Like an usb audio card ? I think it's the best and easiest solution.
JesDes wrote:It seems very strange to me that your only selections you can choose from are 48kHz at 16bit, and 32bit, especially the 32bit part. As far as I know, Windows 10 handles WDM/ks much better stock than it does anything else, and that Windows 10 has some WASAPI driver issues. If you'd like to continue to troubleshoot the current issue with what you have, could you please tell me what your default playback device says under the "advanced" tab?

You'll be able to get this by going to the desktop, and right clicking the volume icon in the Taskbar. From there, click "playback devices," and then right click and select "Properties" on whatever Windows is displaying as the default playback device. Chances are that whatever it's defaulting to is what's causing the issue, if it's not that, it's the settings in the advanced tab.
The settings in the advanced tab are described in my post, I can't get anything else than 48Khz... The default device is the speakers of the laptop. I'll post a screen capture when I get home...

Thanks

Richard

Post by Richard » Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:13 pm

It also sounds strange to me that the 44100 Hz option isn't available. The only thing I can suggest is to see if your sound card drivers are up to date. Failing that I would go with the ASIO4ALL option.

FreakyMex

Post by FreakyMex » Fri Jan 01, 2016 7:37 pm

Do you have guys any suggestion of an affordable audio interface you would recommend ?

JesDes

Post by JesDes » Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:21 am

I apologize for the delay, the holidays kept me quite busy. My suggestions for decent, entry-level interfaces with Windows 10 compatibility would be:

PreSonus AudioBox iTwo
Focusrite Scarlett Solo or 2i2
Steinberg UR12/UR22 or the UR242 would be a better choice, if not having enough USB bus power would be an issue on your laptop while having the PS Eye Camera and other peripherals plugged in during normal use.

Of the three different brand choices, I personally recommend Steinberg as they're the original developers of ASIO, so low latency and stable drivers are almost guaranteed. Just do a bit of research as for what you think your needs in an interface might be versus price point. You should be pleased with any selection you make providing your motherboard likes it, as mobo incompatibility with hardware is always a possibility I'm afraid. I would also recommend purchasing your interface somewhere with a good return policy should the device not work or provide the results you want.

As a disclaimer, your computer is most probably always going to be the biggest bottleneck in how low you can get set latency buffers without problems due to any number of reasons.

FreakyMex

Post by FreakyMex » Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:35 pm

No problem, thank you very much.

I tried it on my way older desktop PC and aerodrums works well, it's a pleasure. It would be nice to be able to use it with my laptop, but I'll see that in some time. When I connected my bluetooth speakers, I could pick 44100 Hz, so may be if I select the headphones output it will work. I don't have much time this week but I'll let you know when I try if it did work. I'll consider buying an audio interface but I'm not sure I'll really have a lot of time to play music so I'll see.

Thank you !

Quexilver

Post by Quexilver » Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:18 am

Same problem here.
i do have a brand new hp envy notebook. I can't get anything else than 48Khz. conexant isst audio device.
i tried everything, but there is no way to chance to 41. this seems to be the only format this audio supports...

... and yes. latency is terrible...

i used my very 6 years old dell notebook... and it just worked great... how can i get it to work with my new one... will asio be an option?

thank you

Richard

Post by Richard » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:33 pm

Yes, ASIO is supported. You can select it from the Latency screen within Aerodrums. If your sound card doesn't have native ASIO support I recommend you install ASIO4ALL and try that.