Feature requests

Sipaliwini

Re: Feature requests

Post by Sipaliwini » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:57 pm

tim, sorry I haven't replied yet. If live MIDI output was provided, including on recording playback, (we are working on it), would you still consider exporting a recording as a MIDI file a must have feature?

synesthesia

Post by synesthesia » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:05 am

MIDI would be great as it would help tie in with my project.

As much as I love sequencing beats on Ableton Push I would love to be able to play in beats also.

BrettHeaslewood

Post by BrettHeaslewood » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:57 am

The 'Export to Midi' option is a great idea.
Branches the product out to producers who have little space (bedroom producers)

You could record your track, export as midi, drop that midi into your preferred DAW then have the ability to tweek each and every sample to taste, apply EQ/Verb on certain hits, create parallel tracks of individual elements.

BrettHeaslewood

Post by BrettHeaslewood » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:31 pm

Something I find slightly difficult is moving drums by using the sticks to hit-place, could you and your team possibly consider making a click/drag feature?

Obviously I understand the benefit of the hit-place, but sometimes I'll be holding both sticks when moving drum parts around and the stick that I'm not using will be picked up on and suddenly I'll have a crash cymbal where my snare is haha

Richard

Post by Richard » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:21 pm

Thanks for the suggestion Brett. We'll have a think about how we can support placing drums with the mouse but the general problem (that's probably not obvious) is the drums actually have a position in 3D space so in addition to placing a drum on the 2D screen you'd also need the ability to modify its distance from the camera which could be difficult to make an intuitive interface for.

BrettHeaslewood

Post by BrettHeaslewood » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:40 pm

A fully functioning Aeroband to play alongside :lol: :lol: ;) ;)

norhythm

Post by norhythm » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:10 am

DAW support requests

Ableton Live
Propellerhead Reason
Apple GarageBand

Sipaliwini

Post by Sipaliwini » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:47 pm

Sorry about this issue (it is not a lack of feature, it is a bug :oops: ). Someone from Steven Slate Drums also reported a problem with Pro-tools and Vienna Ensemble. We are working hard on it, if we are correct that it is caused by an excess of Continuous Controller events, it will be fixed within a day or two. I will post when we publish the fix.

Naigewron

Post by Naigewron » Tue May 13, 2014 10:22 am

I'd love to have the option to disable (or at least limit) upward strikes. As it is now, I have to be extremely careful how and where I lift my sticks to avoid hitting unwanted things at the top of my swing. There might be unforeseen consequences I'm not aware of here, but wouldn't it be possible to only register a hit if the stick comes down from above (maybe 45-60 degrees left and right of vertical)? This would really allow for much more natural movements for us players who like to swing from the shoulder :D

Richard

Post by Richard » Tue May 13, 2014 9:15 pm

The problem is that, to the camera, these look like downward strikes, i.e. in the upswing, once you reach the highest point, the stick starts coming down again. It is not clear how to differentiate between normal downstrokes and these type of "spurious" downstrokes but it is something we plan to look at it more detail. In the meantime you can avoid these unwanted hits by reducing the arc of your swing a bit. You could also experiment with placing the camera higher than we recommend and adjusting your kit accordingly. This should help mitigate the problem but may not solve it entirely.