REAPER'S METER RED WITH AERODRUMS

FRANDIROMA

REAPER'S METER RED WITH AERODRUMS

Post by FRANDIROMA » Thu Oct 19, 2023 12:11 pm

Hello to all aerodrummers!

For several days when i use Aerodrums with Reaper, the daw meter turns red, the signal comes and goes creaking.

Through a series of tests, I'm sure that the problem is related to Aerodrums. In fact, plug ins, vsts and media files do not cause problems.

Could it be a buffering problem?

Richard

Re: REAPER'S METER RED WITH AERODRUMS

Post by Richard » Fri Oct 20, 2023 3:17 pm

Are you using Aerodrums in MIDI mode? If so and you also have "MIDI + sounds" selected on the MIDI screen in Aerodrums, could you try change it to "MIDI only", restart Aerodrums and see if that fixes it?

FRANDIROMA

Post by FRANDIROMA » Sun Oct 22, 2023 12:01 pm

I'm using midi only.

Richard

Post by Richard » Sun Oct 22, 2023 8:20 pm

On the Aerodrums MIDI screen, could you try change the value of "Use the MIDI note scheduler" to see if that fixes it?

FRANDIROMA

Post by FRANDIROMA » Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:21 am

The "Use the MIDI note scheduler" option was always disabled. And I've never had any problems. I'll try as soon as I can and let you know. I add some details: I upload my song to Reaper, I play it and everything is ok. By opening Aerodrums, however, the signal starts to come and go with a croaking sound, a noise similar to a false contact.

Thanks for your help!

Richard

Post by Richard » Mon Oct 23, 2023 10:32 am

If Aerodrums is in MIDI only mode, it should not try to initialize any audio device. So it should not be an audio issue. It could just be that your computer is struggling to run Reaper at the same time as Aerodrums. In this case, maybe pressing ctrl+g to disable graphics will help. In any case, I think it's also worth trying to run Aerodrums before running Reaper to see if that makes a difference. (There are cases in non-MIDI mode where it can make a difference.)

Wolfgang

Post by Wolfgang » Tue Oct 24, 2023 12:26 am

Are you using ASIO as Audio system in Reaper?

FRANDIROMA

Post by FRANDIROMA » Tue Oct 24, 2023 8:29 am

HI! On Reaper I use Asio. However, as Richard suggested, it could be a computer resource consumption issue. I tried to set Windows 11 by reducing graphics performance, animations, background apps, etc. I'll see if everything is ok later. What do you suggest Wolfgang?

Good day!

FRANDIROMA

Post by FRANDIROMA » Tue Oct 24, 2023 12:48 pm

As written in the previous post, I optimized Windows 11. The PC has significantly gained in efficiency. But the problem between Aerodrums and Reaper unfortunately remains.

Using Aerodrums with Ezdrummer 3 or Addictive Drums 2, both stand alone, everything goes smoothly.

Yet the processor is an i5, not too old to be able to handle such work.

Regards

Wolfgang

Post by Wolfgang » Tue Oct 24, 2023 2:57 pm

FRANDIROMA wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 8:29 am
HI! On Reaper I use Asio. However, as Richard suggested, it could be a computer resource consumption issue. What do you suggest Wolfgang?
Hi! I was thinking about your ASIO buffer settings. It would scramble your sound if it's set too low and your materiel cannot follow. What are yours?