Linux

rodude123

Linux

Post by rodude123 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:25 pm

It's been ages since I've heard anyone talk about linux support. I'm wondering if there is any support for linux or even a guide to get the winodws version of the software running on linux using something like wine. The one thing that is stopping me from buying this is the fact that it is not supported on Linux. Get ting it to work on linux is key for me as it is my primary machine. I know it is hard to support all the distros but if you support the 2 most differntly popular, which is ubuntu then arch linux that would be absolutely brilliant. I would pay for a kickstarter to have it on linux.

Wolfgang

Re: Linux

Post by Wolfgang » Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:36 am

It was Aerodrums who brought me back to Windows five years ago after having used Linux exclusively for 10 years. I still have a CentOS server and a HTPC with Kodi and MythTV running on Ubuntu, but all my other computers are running Windows 10 now. And finally Windows 10 isn’t bad (privacy issues by-side, but a lot of how-tos can help with this). You can download Windows 10 from Microsoft for free, and find official licences for under 5€.

If you know Linux you should be able to set up a dual boot on your primary machine and use Windows only for Aerodrums. (It’s like this I had started using it). You could even never let Windows connect to the network.

I think this is the only way if you want to play with Aerodrums, I don’t think a Linux version will ever see the daylight. Some months ago there was a newsletter that the next Aerodrums will become an autonomous device without the need of any computer.

Wolfgang

Re: Linux

Post by Wolfgang » Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:56 pm

Have you seen this post?
rebit wrote:
Tue May 09, 2017 7:29 am
Hello,

If you want to use Aerodrums in Linux, you can install Linux KVM with "3D Graphics PCI-E passtrought", will work with native performance, but you will need to install Windows into a VM. Two monitors is good, but not required.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_w49u5paLQ