Output pedal movement as MIDI signal?

DigitalSensei

Output pedal movement as MIDI signal?

Post by DigitalSensei » Fri May 15, 2020 2:05 am

Basically what the title says. I want to use the program midi translator pro to attempt to play a PC game with the aerodrums as my controller. I'm trying to figure out if there's any way to make the pedal up/down motion register similar to a dial being turned on a MIDI controller so I could say, set the midi translator to hold the W key to walk forward while holding the pedal down (51-100), and walk backwards when i lift my foot up. (1-50). maybe go neutral when i take my foot off the pedal completely. If not possible it isn't a big deal but i'm still figuring out how i'm going to set this up and this being possible would make things a lot easier on me.

Richard

Re: Output pedal movement as MIDI signal?

Post by Richard » Fri May 15, 2020 2:15 pm

For hihats, Aerodrums will send a MIDI value (I believe in the range [0,255]) representing how far the hihat pedal is pressed down. By default it uses CC4 for this which you should be able to access in your program. On the MIDI screen in Aerodrums, you will need to disable the two options under the "Hihats" heading so that new pedal values are sent continuously. Hope that helps.

DigitalSensei

Re: Output pedal movement as MIDI signal?

Post by DigitalSensei » Fri May 15, 2020 6:54 pm

Awesome! Thats exactly what i need is a continuous read on the pedal.