Setting the Output Midi Channel

drmq

Setting the Output Midi Channel

Post by drmq » Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:17 am

Hi,
I've seen that Aerodrums outputs Midi at channel 10 (using a virtual midi port). How can I change it to channel 1?

Sipaliwini

Re: Setting the Output Midi Channel

Post by Sipaliwini » Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:30 am

Hello, unfortunately it is not possible to change Aerodrums' MIDI output channel. When we overhaul the MIDI user interface, we will decide whether to expose the channel. I can see it being useful for people who use Aerodrums to control exotic things like lights or non-percussive instrument samplers.

For you, is it a matter of working simultaneously with another percussion instrument that broadcasts on channel 10?
Or is the problem that some of the tools you use don't let you pick the channel they listen to? If the latter, could you tell me what they are?

drmq

Re: Setting the Output Midi Channel

Post by drmq » Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:27 pm

Sipaliwini wrote:Hello, unfortunately it is not possible to change Aerodrums' MIDI output channel. When we overhaul the MIDI user interface, we will decide whether to expose the channel. I can see it being useful for people who use Aerodrums to control exotic things like lights or non-percussive instrument samplers.

For you, is it a matter of working simultaneously with another percussion instrument that broadcasts on channel 10?
Or is the problem that some of the tools you use don't let you pick the channel they listen to? If the latter, could you tell me what they are?
Simply my drums in all my daw projects are on channel 1 and I have a synth on channel 10. Now I cant play the synth when I play drums and viceversa and I have to add a midi insert just for this... Honestly, I think it is an unnecessary limitation that you cant change the midi channel. It doesnt sound very tricky to me. I hope you can fix it soon.