Still Unable to Access Camera (Win8.1)

d367ruc70

Still Unable to Access Camera (Win8.1)

Post by d367ruc70 » Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:36 am

I've followed all instructions regarding trying to get AeroDrums to acknowledge my camera.
It still does not see my PS3camera plugged in.

I've uninstalled, even uninstalled the drivers for the camera, ran the AeroDrums install, plugged in when prompted to, install finishes. Load up Aerodrums and it still states it is not plugged in.

I restarted with it unplugged, plugged in camera after desktop loaded up, loaded up Aerodrums and it still states it's not plugged in.

Any help would be appreciated. I don't want to have to return this since I just received it and can't get it to work...

Thanks!

Sipaliwini

Re: Still Unable to Access Camera (Win8.1)

Post by Sipaliwini » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:59 pm

Hello, sorry for the delay in replying and for the frustration.

This can sometimes happen if another driver than the Aerodrums driver was installed for the camera (for example the Code Laboratories driver).
If this is what is happening, the key is to tick the box that says "remove driver files" when you uninstall the non-Aerodrums driver.
Otherwise Windows remembers the driver's files and unfortunately gives them higher priority than Aerodrums' driver files when picking which to use when you plug the camera.

If that's not it, could you plug the camera in then go in
Control Panel -> System and Security -> System -> Device Manager (top of left column)
You should see an entry in "Sound, video and game controllers" called "USB-Camera-B4.09.24.1". This is for the camera's microphone array, no drivers are needed for it to appear. If it is not there, the camera may be defective.
If you can see this entry, could you tell me if you can see a category called "libusb-win32 devices" with "Playstation Eye Camera" in it?
If not, can you see a device with a yellow warning sign on it that could be the camera? How is it called?

I'm sure we can get it working.

d367ruc70

Post by d367ruc70 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:12 pm

I actually figured it out. It's due to Windows 8/8.1's signature verification. I had to disable it by putting Windows 8 into Test Mode.

Unfortunately, this is an issue I can't be alright with just to use AeroDrums. I found this to be the case elsewhere on the net.

I had to return AeroDrums today sadly. The programs works for a few minutes and then the webcam would disconnect. I'd have to disconnect the webcam and plug it into another USB drive every time.

Thanks for replying!

Sipaliwini

Post by Sipaliwini » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:18 am

Hello, it is a pity you decided to return Aerodrums, as this is the first time we hear of an issue with signature verification.
The camera driver itself makes use of libusb-win32 and libwdi, which provide signed files.
The Aerodrums Windows executable itself is signed as of the current version.
It would have been great to be able to investigate further, while solving the issue you were experiencing.

I believe it is likely there was an issue with the camera, possibly a faulty USB plug. This would explain random disconnections.

TomyHick

Post by TomyHick » Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:34 pm

Hello, I need your help. I´ve been using aerodrums in my old notebook without problems, but now a bought a new computer with windows 8.1 and i can´t install the camera. I send you an image with a screenshot. Can you please tell me how to install the camera?
I can see the entry in "Sound, video and game controllers" called "USB-Camera-B4.09.24.1" but I cant a category called "libusb-win32 devices" with "Playstation Eye Camera" in it.
I can see too in other diveces an entry called "USB-Camera-B4.09.24.1" with a yellow triange.

Could you please help me?

Thks

Richard

Post by Richard » Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:17 am

Usually this problem occurs because the Playstation Eye camera isn't plugged in at the right time during installation. If you think this may have been the case you should uninstall Aerodrums, unplug the camera and reboot your computer, then run the Aerodrums installer again and plug the camera into a USB port when prompted.

Let me know if that helps.