Studio Drummer Mac Midi Presets

AJRobert

Studio Drummer Mac Midi Presets

Post by AJRobert » Sat May 09, 2015 12:14 pm

Good evening everybody!
I'm a new user from Italy.

I have an issue trying to load AD midi config presets on Kontakt's Studio Krummer:
I just can't locate the "equivalent folder on Mac" that this guide invites me to find
http://aerodrums.com/using-aerodrums-wi ... -samplers/

I'm running Yosemite 10.10.3 and I'm loading Studio drummer from an external SDD.

I have no Studio Drummer folders in Application Support,
nor everywhere but only where I'm loading the files from.
In the Studio Drummer folder in my eSDD I have these folders:
Instruments ; MidiFiles ; Documentation ; Samples.

Where should I paste my *.nka mappings to?

AJRobert

Re: Studio Drummer Mac Midi Presets

Post by AJRobert » Sat May 09, 2015 11:43 pm

I find my own way and I'll post it here since I couldn't find it anywhere:
If you haven't already created a midi mapping preset you just will never find the "equivalent folder" in your Mac.

So...

First you got to create a new midi preset inside Kontakt [from the kit's options (not the Kontakt options, but the ones you find right below/above the keyboard) there you just load a random preset, change something and save it]

This will then create a "Studio Drummer" folder in "Library/Application Support/" that will contain the three files you now have to overwrite with those you have downloaded from the ADrums website. That's it.

Now you will find the AeroDrums midi preset in the instrument options.

Ginosphere

Post by Ginosphere » Sun May 10, 2015 2:51 pm

Hello. I've try to do what you explain but the only files I've got in the aerodrums mapping folder are .nka files and on the Studio Drummer Folder, I only found .nki files. Could you telle me how exactly you proceed? Or if you've got screens to help me.
Thank you.

Richard

Post by Richard » Sun May 10, 2015 10:57 pm

Thanks AJRobert, we will update the "Using Aerodrums with DAWs" page so that other users are aware of your findings.

Ginosphere, I think this is normal. On my Windows installation of Studio Drummer, I have .nki files (but no .nka files) here:
C:\Users\Public\Documents\Studio Drummer Library\Instruments
And my .nka files are here:
C:\Users\Richard\AppData\Local\Studio Drummer\Data
As AJRobert figured out, if the folder to place your .nka files doesn't already exist you can create a dummy preset within Studio Drummer to force it to create this folder (or the equivalent folder on Mac).