Light from ring leaking into camera

Kyriakos

Light from ring leaking into camera

Post by Kyriakos » Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:43 pm

Hi,

First of all let me say I love Aerodrums, and this is the second set that I've bought.

However, I am having an issue with the light with this one. It appears like the light is leaking into the lens when attached on the camera. I think I am attaching it right (I didn't have this issue with the first kit that I set up). Although I can't tell by looking at it (attached),
Camera attached in normal position
Camera attached in normal position
IMG_2741.jpg (204.66 KiB) Viewed 8003 times
but it feels like the light ring is not perfectly symmetric and one side is closer to the center of the lens, making it appear as red dots on the check screen (attached).
Check screen normal position
Check screen normal position
IMG_2737.jpg (233.26 KiB) Viewed 8003 times
If I rotate the light on the camera, the red dots rotate with it on the screen. I have tried pulling the light a bit out or pushing it all the way into the camera.
Although I can't tell if the ring is asymmetric by looking at it, if I look into the light lens from the back, I do indeed see the reflection of one side of the ring (the side where the cable connects) reflecting stronger on the lens (attached)
camera back view
camera back view
IMG_2743.jpg (201.35 KiB) Viewed 8003 times
As a result I can't use the camera with the light attached on it, and I have to set the light right next to the camera every time, where it falls with every small movement making the experience pretty frustrating.

I didn't want to open up the light part and fiddle with it, and I was about to return it but thought I'd ask here first to make sure a) I'm not doing something wrong and b) there's no easy way for me to fix this without risking breaking it.

Thanks,
Kyriakos

Sipaliwini

Re: Light from ring leaking into camera

Post by Sipaliwini » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:13 pm

Hello, sorry about the late reply.

It looks like the lens is not mounted correctly on this lamp, we apologize for this.
If you pm me your address, we will send you a replacement lamp. Thank you for the detailed pictures.