Can't see my room in Setup

jmlramos

Can't see my room in Setup

Post by jmlramos » Fri Dec 26, 2014 4:27 pm

Hi there,

I've tried to install Aerodrums. Unfortunately, during the setup, I can't see my room so that I can properly "seat the drummer" in my seat, as everything's black. I've tried changing the room light, as well as turning the lamp on and off, but it's always black. Strangely, if I click on next the camera is able to detect the tips of the drum sticks and foot reflectors (appearing as bright red zones), and I can play drums (obviously, with little precision).

How can I solve this?

Thank you

Sipaliwini

Re: Can't see my room in Setup

Post by Sipaliwini » Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:13 pm

Hello, sorry about this issue. We have had one customer report it before on a Mac but we didn't solve it yet (if I recall properly, the problem didn't always occur, inexplicably).

Could you tell me what make and model your computer is?
Could you try exiting Aerodrums, plugging the camera in a different USB port and trying again?

While we find a solution, here is what you can do:
-place the seat and camera like described in the manual/program
-skip the setup screen that has the issue
-go to your seat and hold your sticks as if they were on your snare
-observe how they appear on the screen with respect to the drawn snare (e.g. are they to the left, too low?) and take a mental note of it
-the goal is to rotate the camera (sideways but also up and down) to center the sticks on the snare
-go to the camera and rotate it slightly to correct the offset: if the sticks were left, rotate clockwise, if right, counterclockwise, if up, rotate up, if down, rotate down
-repeat the last four steps until the sticks appear centered on the snare

I'm sorry this process is not as straightforward as the intended one.

jmlramos

Post by jmlramos » Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:54 am

Hello again,

I'm on a Windows 7 64bit desktop computer, built by me. It's a core i5 4570, 16 gb RAM, 128gb SSD disk + 3 HD's , Apple Cinema 30 display, AsRock Z87 Pro 4 Motherboard, Nvidia Geforce 9400 GT Graphics Card.

I tried changing the USB port, with no success. I also uninstalled and re-installed the software, with no success too.

I'll try your alternative setting up process, even though it doesn't sound too intuitive.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Sipaliwini

Post by Sipaliwini » Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:07 am

At the moment our best idea to address this problem is to detect when the camera fails in such a way and switch it to the lower resolution mode.
Unfortunately it will take us time to implement this.

There is a possibility that the problem is caused by a slight variation on a small minority of PS3 Eye models. Would you be interested in helping us test this? We would send you a camera we know works in the setup mode, and you would send us your camera to see if we can reproduce the problem. If so we can take this to PMs.

jmlramos

Post by jmlramos » Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:15 am

Sipaliwini wrote:At the moment our best idea to address this problem is to detect when the camera fails in such a way and switch it to the lower resolution mode.
Unfortunately it will take us time to implement this.

There is a possibility that the problem is caused by a slight variation on a small minority of PS3 Eye models. Would you be interested in helping us test this? We would send you a camera we know works in the setup mode, and you would send us your camera to see if we can reproduce the problem. If so we can take this to PMs.
Hi there.

Won't that involve me spending quite a bit of money on shipping fees?

Is there a way to put my own camera in setup mode?

Sipaliwini

Post by Sipaliwini » Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:22 am

We'd pay for those in the interest of science (hoping you're in the US or in the EU) ;) . About setup mode, I meant Aerodrums' setup mode, it's not a mode of the camera.

jmlramos

Post by jmlramos » Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:45 am

I see!

Well, let's do it then, in the name of science!

;-)

jmlramos

Post by jmlramos » Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:46 am

jmlramos wrote:I see!

Well, let's do it then, in the name of science!

;-)
One more thing,

Should I test my actual camera on my laptop? I do not intend to use it on the laptop, but it would help pinpoint if the problem lies solely in the camera.

Sipaliwini

Post by Sipaliwini » Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:00 am

Yes it would be great if you could do that. If it worked it would rule out a variation of the camera.