Setup Error

Beats89

Setup Error

Post by Beats89 » Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:13 pm

Hi,

I've just received my Aerodrums and having problems installing on my laptop. I've downloaded the software using my product key and when I go into the downloaded zip folder and click the "setup" icon I receive this message:

"Windows cannot complete the extraction. The destination file could not be created"

No idea what this means. Laptop is less than a year old and as far as I'm aware meets all the requirements to run Aerodrums.

I don't actually get the option to "Run" once downloaded, I can only right click the "Setup" icon and click open and that's when this message appears.

Sipaliwini

Re: Setup Error

Post by Sipaliwini » Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:35 pm

Hello, sorry setup is not going smoothly for you.
Have you extracted the content of the zip file you downloaded before launching the setup program?
(Some versions of Windows may let you browse the compressed zip archive and launch setup without extracting all the files from the archive first. This may cause the problem you are having.)
If not, can you right click on the downloaded zip file and select one of the "extract" options, then browse to the created directory and run setup from there?