Moving samples to another drive on mac

Goofparade

Moving samples to another drive on mac

Post by Goofparade » Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:44 am

Hi,

First day with Aerodrums, very impressive, will set up midi out tomorrow.

I would like to move the 1.7 gigs of samples to my usual spot for such large libraries ( HD3 on my mac)

During install i could not specify this drive as my target drive for the samples. Where are the samples currently located and how do you recommend that i relocate them to my drive of choice?

Thanks

Marc

Sipaliwini

Re: Moving samples to another drive on mac

Post by Sipaliwini » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:07 pm

Hello Marc, glad you did not wait for us to start distributing in Canada (we were in talks with an eager distributor but got cold feet, we are planning to start selling online directly soon).

The samples are in the application folder itself. We don't support pointing Aerodrums to different locations (and if you build a piece from your own samples, it will create an optimized internal file containing a copy of your samples inside the Aerodrums application folder). So if you want to free space from your system partition, you can move the whole Aerodrums application to your HD3.

There is an inconvenience with that though: currently our Mac updater is rudimentary and assumes that Aerodrums is in the Applications folder. This means you will have to do some manual steps to apply the next few updates. We can post here again to explain what they are if you decide to proceed.