Addictive Drums 2 issue...

Cole

Addictive Drums 2 issue...

Post by Cole » Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:49 pm

Hi. I just recieved my Aerodrums (lots of fun, but definitely difficult to get used to hitting in the right locations and not letting it trigger random hits when doing a fill) and I want to use it with my Addictive Drums 2, and I can get it to play the sounds, but the high-hat pedal doesn't seem to do anything at all and I have no idea how to fix that. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Richard

Re: Addictive Drums 2 issue...

Post by Richard » Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:00 pm

Hi, I assume you selected the Addictive Drums 2 MIDI map from the MIDI maps screen in Aerodrums. After selecting it there are some notes that appear to the right of the Aerodrums window telling you to "tick the CC reverse checkbox" in the Addictive Drums 2 Map window. Did you try this?

Cole

Post by Cole » Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:45 pm

I also notice trying to adjust the clutch for it doesn't seem to do anything at all.

Cole

Post by Cole » Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:45 pm

Richard wrote:Hi, I assume you selected the Addictive Drums 2 MIDI map from the MIDI maps screen in Aerodrums. After selecting it there are some notes that appear to the right of the Aerodrums window telling you to "tick the CC reverse checkbox" in the Addictive Drums 2 Map window. Did you try this?
Yes, thanks, I've done both. The thing is, the pedal will open and close the hat as far as what it sounds like when I hit it with the stick, but it is completely silent when trying to do foot taps (for lack of a better term) with it... you know, just opening and closing it with my foot.

Richard

Post by Richard » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:46 pm

I just tested it again (in the standalone Addictive Drums 2 host) and it worked fine for me. You might be able to diagnose the issue as follows...

First, in Aerodrums, go to MIDI -> MIDI maps...
Select the Addictive Drums 2 map and click the Clone button (so that you can edit it).
Select the cloned map and click the Edit button.
Then select Hi-hat and look at what MIDI note it shows in the 'Pedal note' field.
I see "C2 (48)". This is the note it sends whenever you press the hihat pedal in Aerodrums.

Now, in Addictive Drums 2, go to the Map Window and in the keyboard view on the left, find the note number on the keyboard that matches the pedal note (i.e. 48). For me this key is labelled "HH Foot Close" and when I click on the key in Addictive Drums 2 I hear the pedal sound.

Can you check this as well and let us know if what you see doesn't match the above?

Cole

Post by Cole » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:04 pm

Than, Richard. I figured it out. The issue was that a box wasn't checked in the midi set up window.... I don't have it open now so I forget what it's called, something like "Allow hi hat through" or "allow pedal through" or something like that. Once I checked that box, the pedal worked fine.

If I may ask one more question while you're checking here: Does adding Oculus Rift dramatically benefit the accuracy of using aerodrums?

Richard

Post by Richard » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:10 pm

Good to hear you got the pedal sorted.

Using Aerodrums with the Oculus Rift will let you see where the drumsticks are relative to the drums. So in that sense it can help you hit the drums you intend to hit more easily. But if you're used to Aerodrums and don't have that problem then it won't provide much practical benefit.

Cole

Post by Cole » Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:28 am

I do have a little trouble sometimes if I'm not extremely focused and being a little rigid with my arms, especially since I'm very new to drumming, so... something to think about I guess. Thanks again.