Moving the Menu button?

monkeyman

Moving the Menu button?

Post by monkeyman » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:15 pm

Hi all,

Ok, I got them working, more or less...there's definitely room for improvement, mostly in my playing though... :)

One major gripe is the Menu button is constantly being triggered while playing, it's so close to the rest of the kit (esp the snare drum). Under normal circumstances, I find that leaving my left hand in that spot for a fraction of a second too long activates the button, then when I actually go to hit the snare, it opens the menu instead. I realize I can move the drums around somewhat, but that's a pain in itself, so I've been trying to avoid that and adjust myself to the default locations.

/edit Duh. I just read the feature requests, and there it was right near the top of the list.. lol

Richard

Re: Moving the Menu button?

Post by Richard » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:42 pm

Thanks for the feedback. We will try to improve this soon. One idea we had was to make it possible to reposition the "Menu" button the same way you can reposition drums.

In the meantime, assuming you are running the latest version, you can try enable "Stage mode" from the main menu. This will remove the menu button and replace it with a "Mute" button placed further away where you're very unlikely to hit it by accident. Of course, this is of limited use given that you can't access the drumming menu in this mode but perhaps you'll find it preferable for the time being.

monkeyman

Re: Moving the Menu button?

Post by monkeyman » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:30 am

I did try the Stage Mode at one point in my fumbling, and didn't understand the Mute button at the time.... I half thought it was a 'mute the cymbal and/or drum, like you would grab the cymbal or place a hand to stop a drum from ringing. Thanks for the clarification, and I will definitely try using it as intended.