Aerodrums are terrible

Wolfgang

Re: Aerodrums are terrible

Post by Wolfgang » Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:18 pm

Smasha wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:46 am
That's just weird.
. . . and you have them working IN A SMALLSPACE in a lighted area.
Sorry, nothing special, but Aerodrums should work like this. If not, there is a problem somewhere (and normally outside of Aerodrums).
Smasha wrote:
WHY are mine not working properly?
I don’t know, but you make it very hard to help you. Since 10 days you are posting messages in 4 different topics not opened by you, speaking about your problems with Aerodrums and making general statements, but based only on your personal experience.
For getting help wouldn’t it be normal that you open your own topic, tell us something about your computer, graphic-, sound-processor, your OS and try to explain your problems one by one, rather than coming here and aggressing everybody. And maybe it’s because I’m not an English speaking person, but I haven’t understood anything. Also it would be really helpful if you could add some pics or even a little video showing your problems.
Smasha wrote:
Not going to try to set them up again,I will go mad.
So you don’t want help any-more? If it’s so, there is an offer from condordontsurf some posts above.

Installing and setting up Aerodrums the first time takes 10 minutes. But I think with all you’ve done you’ve made things even worth than better. I think you should get rid of everthing concerning Aerodrums and the camera, restart your computer, do a new install and report problems here when they arise.

And maybe you should read this if you haven’t already:
https://aerodrums.com/manual/#troubleshooting

PS.
Are you sure your camera is in the good (blue) position? And you haven’t respond my question here,
Wolfgang wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:48 pm
Smasha wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:14 pm
I have the same problem with the kick pedal positioning.
They register here and there.
I really don’t understand what you want to say, but can it be that the camera has fallen down? It was happening to me with the effect, that the red ball in the setup-screen was jumping all around. It was the transparent plastic which was broken. This plastic does nothing for Aerodrums, it’s just to protect the LEDs and your fingers, so you could take it off carefully and see if it helps. And if it is this, verify your lens is still in place like Richards tells here: https://aerodrums.com/forums/viewtopic. ... 276bfa6ed5

condordontsurf

Post by condordontsurf » Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:15 pm

I have one , but could use another for the other room.

johnnyM1984

Post by johnnyM1984 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:31 pm

Aerodrums do not need a lot of space. On PS3 Eye camera there is a switch on camera lens, blue and red dots. This switch selects the camera angle, it must be turned clockwise. If you dont do this, the camera will be more "tele" and much narrow angle. As a result, you need to locate more distant from it. This might be the case.

I have very small apartment, and I can still use aerodrums. Try not to use foot markers and concentrate on stick movements only. Find another the camera stand if you are that much tall, you can use table surface or put some books to increase the height.

Aerodrums is really a lovely product, I would argue with you that they are crap. Please use only USB 2.0 ports, not 3.0 or 3.1 and make sure you do not use other webcams, ideally unplug all usb dongles like wifi etc. They all consume USB bandwith and put lags.