Newbee, Introduction

Baldrick

Newbee, Introduction

Post by Baldrick » Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:33 am

Hi all, as I have just purchased my Aerodrums, I wanted to introduce myself, and to say how much Im looking forward to taking part in the forum. I am now 66 years of age, and in my head I have been heavy drummer most of my life, I suppose it all started when at the age of 11 yrs whilst at boarding school I joined the school marching band playing side drum. Since then its been spoons, sticks, air drums etc, which drove my parents mad, and now drives my wife potty! Recently my Brother in Law told me of this new thing out called "Aerodrums" which of course interested me greatly. So with a little research on youtube, I was well and truly hooked. I am at present finding my way around the handbook setting things up, and learning about such things as "Latency" and Midi" etc. I do have a question for any more experienced users, Would I be able to import a drumless youtube video in order to drum along with a band by adding my own drums??
I would appreciate any help please. Thanks very much. ;)

Richard

Re: Newbee, Introduction

Post by Richard » Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:58 am

Hi, welcome to the forums. It's great to hear that Aerodrums may finally help you learn to play on a full drum kit. To answer your question, Aerodrums doesn't integrate directly with YouTube so your songs need to be files on your computer in a format such as MP3 or OGG. There are ways to extract YouTube audio tracks to MP3 files but I'm not very familiar with them.

Baldrick

Post by Baldrick » Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:26 pm

Many thanks Richard, I shall look into your suggestions. :)

eagleeyez

Post by eagleeyez » Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:12 pm

Hi and RESPECT,
I use Chris video Tube downloader pro. You can do everything with this and even convert straight away YouTube videos directly into Mp3 or whatever you want. I can also capture any stream. It is super easy and reliable to use.
https://www.chris-pc.com/download.html