DIY Pedal

dasbuchi

DIY Pedal

Post by dasbuchi » Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:54 pm

Hey Guys,

just wanted to share my first suuuuper DIY footpedal ;) As I am used to play heel up, I always struggled with the kick. And some neat practice pedal will be a bit expensive for me.
So I masacred some cardboard, grabbed some tape, a piece auf foam and tataa, got some super cheap practice pedal ;)
Shure it has its weak spots, for example slideing around on the floor and the cardboard is too thin. But I think everybody will come up with some improvements :)

Besides this, I am really diggin aerodrums. Really amazing product!!!
Attachments
DIYPedal.jpg
DIYPedal.jpg (55.95 KiB) Viewed 12390 times

Richard

Re: DIY Pedal

Post by Richard » Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:22 am

Very nice, thanks for sharing! Would love to see it in action if you have the means to record a short video. I'm curious about how much rebound you get from it.

dasbuchi

Re: DIY Pedal

Post by dasbuchi » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:10 pm

here is the Vid. Well not really "in action", but I think you can see there is some rebound happening by the underlaying foam.
Of course it has nothing to do with a "real" drumpedal and it´s far from beeing "perfect" ;)

http://youtu.be/CBL-Pz88rLs

The biggest problem with this approach is this thing is sliding around the floor like hell... and also after a few days of use, it´s getting more and more fragile, because of the thin Cardboard.
But hey its cheap and at some point you can rebuild it with new cardboard.

I am just thinking about maybe visiting the local store to fetch some wooden boards and a little compression spring...maybe ;)