Moving the menu?

manhippo

Moving the menu?

Post by manhippo » Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:54 pm

Hi there,

Bought one of these just because the potential looks so good. Having fun so far, although I've not achieved the sweet spot of performance shown in the vids yet...

2 things that aren't helping with that

1) the live camera feed in the setup doesn't work on my mac. It's fully functional on the pc, but on the mac I just get a frozen feed from the camera. Works fine when drumming, just not on that page.

2) I keep hitting the menu button while drumming as it is right by the snare! Is there a way to move this like you can move the drums? If not could there be?

Cheers,

Jonathan.

Ps on the note of feedback, I've also noticed a certain flimsiness to much of the hardware. The sound of reflective balls that could be fitted to sticks of choice is an attractive one. The Led ring came off the lens on my camera fitment within 48 hrs. I've fixed it with tape, but just thought you should know...

Richard

Re: Moving the menu?

Post by Richard » Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:18 am

Hi, to address your points:

1) This issue was reported by one other user but we haven't yet been able to reproduce it. It would be great if you could reply to let us know what type of Mac you have and what version of OS X you are running. If we're not able to track down the problem we can implement a failsafe that will show the camera feed in black and white. Not ideal but certainly better than nothing.

2) There is currently no way to move the Menu button itself. If you are running a recent version of Aerodrums you can tick the 'Stage mode' option from the main menu and this will replace the Menu button with a Mute button on the drumming screen that is positioned further away. This isn't really a solution though since this mode doesn't let you access the drumming menu. The issue you describe has been brought up a couple of times before in the forums so we will prioritize it highly and try get a fix out in the next software update.

I apologize about the issue you had with the camera piece (we now produce this part as a single piece of plastic). Regarding using your own sticks, it will soon be possible for you to purchase a "ball kit" for less than $10 that will allow you to convert any pair of drum sticks for use with Aerodrums.

manhippo

Post by manhippo » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:42 pm

I'm using a Mac mini running mavericks

I'm fine with black and white. Just wanna get the positioning right.

That said I've got it much better set up now.

Music player doesn't seem to want to play tracks from my record collection. Will it only read mp3? It loads m4a files, but then seems to freeze before playing them... Do Ineed to add a codec? Would be nice as the mac tends to rip things to m4a.

manhippo

Post by manhippo » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:42 pm

Hmm. No, it can play fine in the song loading menu, just not in the druming menu it seems...

manhippo

Post by manhippo » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:47 pm

Ok, ignore that. Working now. Not sure what was going on there...