Left and Right Hand marker changes

Andreas

Left and Right Hand marker changes

Post by Andreas » Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:57 pm

Hi, i brougth Aerodrums recently and it is amazing to play.
Because of light problems i am using led light for drumming. The setup is ok and i can hit all the drums
But i found out that the RH and LH marker changes some times.
If the Marker hit the snare or hiahat at this moment there is a second stroke on the hihat or snare.
The changes of the rh/lh marker changes every 3 to 5 seconds again and again.
That can be all over the drums but especialy at hihat and snare.

Do you have any idea whats happend?

Sipaliwini

Re: Left and Right Hand marker changes

Post by Sipaliwini » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:57 pm

Hello, I am glad that you are enjoying Aerodrums.

About the issue you are seeing, do you mean that your markers swap when you hit a drum with one hand shortly after hitting it with the other hand?

If so, we are aware of the issue, it is caused by Aerodrums making a mistake when guessing which ball marker belongs to which stick after the bright balls have become one from the point of view of the camera (one was in front of the other for a moment).

Once you know the cause, it is possible to try to alleviate the problem by hitting the drums that cause swaps in slightly different locations with either hand, in such a way that the balls don't come too close to each other from the point of view of the camera when hitting that drum with both sticks. Unfortunately that means modifying one's play style, which is not ideal.

With the release of the 3D update for Aerodrums coming soon, it will be better able to guess correctly (assuming the markers are both in good shape).

In any case, these swaps should not be triggering unwanted drum hits. These probably happen because your air drumming gesture is such that the stick tip sometimes moves up then down again after your intended hit, like an aftershock if you will.

You can adjust the drum hit sensitivity setting at the top of the Latency screen to try to solve this issue.

If you are seeing random swaps when your stick markers haven't been near to each other on the screen in the past second, this is not normal. It might be caused by a bright object that is registering sporadically. You can use the check lighting mode during setup to test this and locate the object.

Andreas

Post by Andreas » Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:59 am

Hello, thanks for the information.
I will do setup Aerodrums more accurate and waiting for the 3D update.

So if i let one stick on the snare without moving the stick and play another drum sometimes the marker change lh/rh on the snare and Aerodrum recognize a hit.
It is a little bit frustrating. I will try to play no 'ghost notes' during drumming.

Best regards
Andreas

Sipaliwini

Post by Sipaliwini » Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:33 pm

This is not normal, even when very quiet notes are triggered by small movements, if the other stick tip is not very near, Aerodrums should not swap right hand and left hand.

Could you place your foot markers and one stick being the camera, place the other stick on your chair so the camera can see it, then go to Setup and click Next until you see the screen that shows the red areas.

There should be one small circular area for the stick that is on your chair. Monitor this screen for a while, if you see small red areas appearing and disappearing, they are probably the cause of the problem. You can click back to get a better idea of where the objects causing them are in the room, then move / cover them, or turn the camera so it can't see them.